“As an international standard, ISO 45001 crosses geographic, political, economic, commercial and social boundaries. This sets a single benchmark for the management of OH&S. So if your organization operates or trades internationally, you can work to a single standard which can simplify your business.
ISO 45001 is the new international standard for an OH&SMS. While it is similar to OHSAS 18001, the new ISO 45001 standard adopts the Annex SL top-level framework of all new and revised ISO management system standards. ISO 45001 places a strong focus on an organization’s context. It requires the organization to consider what stakeholders expect from it in terms of occupational health and safety management.
An ISO 45001 Certification for Your Business
Could Provide the Following Benefits:
• Increase organizational resilience through proactive risk prevention, innovation and continual improvement
• Strengthening of legal and regulatory compliance whilst reducing business losses
• Demonstrates brand responsibility by committing to safe, healthy and sustainable work
• One global occupational health and safety system for all businesses, of all sizes
• Provides a platform for attracting lower insurance premiums and proves due diligence to the marketplace.
• Determining the hazards and OH&S risks associated with its activities; seeking to eliminate them, or putting in controls to minimize their potential effects
• Ensures compliance with all current legislation worldwide.
• Improves the efficiency of internal operations, reduces accidents, dangers, and downtime.
• Improves the safety of all persons affected by the company’s activities.
• Improves management oversight Incorporates the monitoring and measurement of key performance indicators in health/safety. This gives management objective data upon which to base decisions.
An Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) is a fundamental part of an organization’s risk management strategy. Implementing an OHSMS enables an organization to:
• Protect its workforce and others under its control
• Comply with legal requirements
• Facilitate continual improvement
ISO 45001 is applicable to any organization that wishes to establish, implement and maintain an OH&S management system to improve occupational health and safety, eliminate hazards and minimize OH&S risks.
ISO 45001 is applicable to any organization regardless of its size, type and activities. The standard is flexible and can be adapted to manage occupational health and safety and suits a wide range of organizations including.
• Large organizations and enterprises
• Small and medium-sized enterprises
• Public and not-for-profit organizations
• Non-government organizations (NGOs) and charities
© Copyright. 2019 . All Rights Reserved