Information is a valuable asset that can make or break your business. When information properly managed, this allows you to operate with confidence. Information security management gives you the freedom to grow, innovate, and broaden your customer-base in the knowledge that all your confidential information will remain that way. Complex IT systems are now capable of processing a wealth of information. At the same time, it is becoming more difficult to protect them.
An ISO 27001 certification will provide you with an independent review of the degree of conformity of your information security management system I It helps you to continually review and refine the way you do this, not only for today, but also for the future. ISO 27001 is the only auditable international standard that defines the requirements of an information security management system (ISMS). An ISMS is a set of policies, procedures, processes and systems that manage information risks, such as cyber-attacks, hacks, data leaks or theft. ISO 27001 is about protecting the information, not about IT
An ISO 27001 Certification for Your Business
Could Provide the Following Benefits:
• Identify risks and put controls in place to manage or eliminate them
• Implementing an ISO 27001-certified ISMS helps to protect your organization against cyber-attacks & other such threats and demonstrates that you have taken the necessary steps to protect your business
• Gain stakeholder and customer trust that their data is protected
• Meet more tender expectations by demonstrating compliance
• Not only does ISO 27001 certification help you demonstrate good security practices, thereby improving working relationships and retaining existing clients, but it also gives you a proven marketing edge against your competitors, putting you alongside the likes of Google, Microsoft
• As the accepted global benchmark for the effective management of information assets, ISO 27001 enables organizations to avoid the potentially devastating financial losses caused by data breaches.
• Increased reliability and security of systems and information.
• Improved management processes and integration with corporate risk strategies.
• Comply with business, legal, contractual and regulatory requirements.
• Reduces staff-related security breaches
• Improves your ability to recover your operations and continue business as usual
ISO 27001 Applicable Industry
Any organization that has sensitive information, no matter if it is for profit or non-profit, small business or corporate, government or private, can benefit from ISO 27001 implementation
• IT companies
Software development companies, cloud companies, and IT support companies
• Financial industry
Banks, insurance companies, brokerage houses, and other financial institutions typically go for ISO 27001 when they want to comply with numerous laws and regulations.
Telecommunication companies, including Internet providers, are very keen on protecting the huge amount of data they handle and reducing the number of outages
• Government agencies
Typically, government agencies handle very sensitive data – in some agencies this data is confidential, but in all agencies protecting the integrity and availability of their data is of paramount importance.
Any other organization with sensitive data
This list could go on and on – e.g., health organizations want to protect the data of their patients, pharmaceutical companies want to protect their development data and data on formulas, food processing companies protect their special recipes, manufacturing companies want to protect their knowledge on how certain parts are produced.
© Copyright. 2019 . All Rights Reserved