HACCP outlines good manufacturing processes for all food sectors and can be key to your business when taking part in international trade. HACCP is especially suitable for primary producers, manufacturers, processors, and food service operators. An HACCP system allows you to identify hazards and put in place controls to manage these throughout your supply chain during production. It can also be used to support the requirements of management standard requirements, such as ISO 22000 Food Safety Management and FSSC 22000.
HACCP is the risk management tool which is primarily used to manage food safety risks. Its aim to systematically identify any factors that might present a potential health risk to consumers, allowing you to avoid hygienic hazards or lower their risk to acceptable levels. The certification is based on the Codex Alimentarius, an international code of conduct for the industry.
HACCP certification instantly demonstrates to customers your commitment to producing or trading in safe food. This evidence-based approach can be particularly beneficial when you are subject to inspection by regulatory authorities or stakeholders.
HACCP Certification for Your Business
Could Provide the Following Benefits:
• Give suppliers and stakeholders confidence in your hazard controls
• Put these hazard controls in place across your supply chain
• Introduce transparency around accountability and responsibilities
• Implement internationally recognized food safety hazard controls
• Give producers, stakeholders and suppliers confidence in your controls
• Effectively manage food safety risks across the whole supply chain
• Continually review and improve your system so it stays effective
• Improved utilization of resources worldwide
• Increased company profits
• Potential increased economic growth
• Reduction in rates of foodborne disease
• More efficient documentation of techniques, methods and procedures
HACCP can be used as a management tool in your business. It can also be integrated with other management systems, such as ISO 22000 Food Safety Management. HACCP supports the
implementation of ISO 22000 as they share common requirements for controlling food safety risks.
HACCP certification is applicable to any organization within the food chain, regardless of size, from feed producers, primary producers through food manufacturers, transport and storage operators and subcontractors to retail and food outlets. These include among others:
• Food manufacturers
• Food processing industry
• Feed Industry
• Transport, storage
• Wholesalers and retailers
• Packaging, cleaning agent and additive industry
© Copyright. 2019 . All Rights Reserved